Maine is known as "the way life should be," and the Town of Eagle Lake is no exception. With a rich history and culture and bilingual (English/French) population, Eagle Lake has preserved the small town feel while constantly improving the quality of life of its residents. The people of Eagle Lake are known for their strong work ethic, and employers in the area enjoy low
absenteeism from a dedicated, trainable labor pool. The proximity to
Canada and the Trans-Canada Highway (approximately 18 miles north) allow
businesses access to large market areas. At the same time, they enjoy a
clean environment, low cost of living, and low crime rate in a peaceful
community. Eagle Lake offers excellent educational facilities, including
licensed Day Care, Pre-K through 8th grade, 9 through 12th grade in nearby Fort
Kent, as well as the University of Maine at Fort Kent.
Additional municipal services include:
- Municipal Center - Facilities are available for community activities in our comfortable municipal center,conveniently located in downtown Eagle lake. Our municipal facilities also house fire protection services. Police protection is supplied by Maine State Police and the Aroostook County Sheriff's Department.
- Solid Waste and Recycling Transfer Station
- Local Fire Protection
- Eagle Lake Public Works Department
- Local Health Care Clinic, Hospital, Ambulance Service, and Pharmacy - Eagle Lake enjoys quality and convenience with local healthcare services. Fish River Rural Health is a local clinic providing family health and dental care. Northern Maine Medical Center, located in nearby Fort Kent, is a full service hospital. Eagle Lake also enjoys local ambulance service and pharmacy.
- Senior Citizen Center - Activities and services for senior citizens are available through our very active Senior Citizen Center.
- Hotel accommodations - Eagle Lake provides hotel facilities for every budget, from basic rooms to luxury suites. Our newest hotel facilities overlook beautiful Eagle Lake. For avid snowmobilers, we offer accommodations off our International Trail System (ITS).
- Affordable Real Estate, Including: